Hit the original link below to comment:
not sure if you have seen this yet..
Reshared post from +Mike Spinak
Dear Google+ community,
Let's collectively make a photography book as a charity fundraiser. Starting right here, right now.
• A book of photographs by the people reading this
• One or a few shots by each participant
• Printed through Blurb Books, or a similar service
• Print on-demand and automated order fulfillment, as people order
• All profits go directly to charity
Photographers among us who want to participate can each offer to contribute one or a few of our best pictures to the book. Then, I'll narrow down the choices to a manageable number, and final selects will be chosen by vote by people reading this.
We'll also choose which charity to support, and the name of the book, by vote.
We'll need someone to design the book. I can't do this – I don't have the book design skills to do a good job, but I know a lot of you do. I can contribute pictures, and write text. Hopefully, someone will volunteer to handle the book designing.
Everyone who wants to can be part of this project, not only photographers. Ways to helpfully participate, now or in the future as this develops, include:
• Offer pictures for use in the book
• Offer to help design the book, if you can
(We'll need at least one book designer.)
• Suggest a good cause to support through this fundraiser
(Please limit your charity suggestions to ones without political nor religious affiliations, so that they're causes everyone can comfortably support – such as Worldwide Orphans Foundation, Doctors Without Borders, The Nature Conservancy, or The Cancer Research Institute.)
• Suggest a good name for the book
• Vote on which pictures should go in the book
• Vote on which charity to support
• Vote on the book's name
• Buy the book
• Share this post, tell your friends and contacts, and spread the word as you can
• Ask questions and share opinions, as we work out the details
If you're interested, start by doing the following, here:
(A) post here that you're interested, and
(B) circle me, if you haven't, already (so you can follow future posts as this develops).
(C) It would also help if you share this post, to help spread the word.
Let's make it happen!